These quick and easy No-Waste Vegetable Patties are healthy and nutritious. Ready in less than 30 minutes, they are a delicious way to use your leftover stems and stalks.
Servings 8 patties
Prep time 15 min
Cook time 10 min
- 2 1/2 cups (125 g) leftover stems or stalks chopped (carrot peels, kale stalks, broccoli stalks, cauliflower stalks, radish leaves, carrot leaves, leek greens, fresh herbs, spinach, etc.)
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (60 g) quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup (40 g) bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. tsp (2 g) baking powder
Creamy Tahini Sauce
- 1 garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tahini
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Patties1. Using a food processor, coarsely chop the vegetables and onion.
2. In a bowl, combine the vegetables, spices, egg and water. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in quinoa flour, breadcrumbs and baking powder. Stir again.
3. Heat about 2 tbsp (30 ml) of oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Place ¼ cup (60 ml) of batter in the pan, flattening them slightly. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until the patties are golden brown.
Creamy Tanini Sauce4. Meanwhile, using a food processor, mix all the ingredients for the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the patties with the sauce.