These pumpkin muffins are nutritious and perfect to use your leftover pumkin puree.
Prep time 15 min
Cook time 25 min
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grape seed oil or canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 ml) quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) ground spent grain flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2,5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2,5 ml) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2,5 ml) ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) 70% dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, oats, spent grain flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin puree, milk, oil and maple syrup.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir together. Do not over mix, just stir until everything is incorporated into the batter. Add chocolate chips.
Spoon the batter evenly into each cup.
5. Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.