This No Waste Leek Greens Soup is a great way to use up leek greens. Often wasted, it's high in nutrients and contains more vitamin C and provitamin A than the white part. To prepare this tasty soup, you only need a few ingredients.
Prep time 15 min
Cook time 30 min
- 4 cups (350 g) leek greens, minced
- 3 larges potatos, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 liter (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 200 ml cream or vegan cream
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Croutons (optional)
1. Place a large pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and soften the leek greens, potatoes and garlic.
2. Add broth and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
3. Remove the bay leaf. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Season. Return the soup to the pot and add the cream.
4. Garnish the soup with croutons, fresh parsley and a drizzle of cream before serving.