Apple peels and cores, water and a bit of sugar...that's all you need to make apple cider vinegar at home without any waste.
Servings 1 pot
Prep time 10 min
- 4-5 apple peels and cores
- 500 ml water
- 2 tablespoons sugar of your choice
Instructions1. Clean and sterilize a 750 ml Mason jar.
2. Place the apple peels and cores in the jar.
3. In a bowl, mix the water with the sugar. Pour over the apple peels and cores so that they are covered. Add water if needed.
4. Cover the jar with a breathable cloth or a paper towel to allow air to circulate.
5. Store in a warm and dark place for 3 weeks.
6. Strain the apple peels and cores. Pour the liquid back into the jar and let it ferment for 4 to 6 weeks.
7. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 year.