These Roasted Carrots with Carrot Top Chimichurri Sauce are bursting with flavor. Get the most out of every bit of carrot with this recipe.
Prep time 10 min
Cook time 30 min
- 1 bunch of carrots (about 8) with their tops
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (30 g) walnuts
Carrot Top Chimichurri Sauce
- Carrot tops from the bunch of carrots
- 1/3 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (14 g) fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup (10 g) fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp (1 g) red pepper flakes
Roasted Carrots1.Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F).
2. Wash the carrots and remove the tops. Place the carrots on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat.
3. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, maple syrup and paprika. Brush the carrots and season with salt and pepper.
4. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the carrots are fork-tender and golden brown. Transfer to a serving platter.
Carrot Top Chimichurri Sauce5. Using a food processor, pulse the carrot tops, onion and garlic until finely chopped. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse for a few seconds.
6. Pour the sauce over the carrots and top with walnuts. Serve warm or at room temperature.