This focaccia makes a great appetizer or side dish for any occasion. Made with soft wheat flour and spent grain flour, it's perfectly soft in the middle and crunchy at the edges.
Servings 1 focaccia
Prep time 20 min
Rest time 3 hours and 45 minutes
Cook time 20 min
- 2 teaspoons (10 g) instant or active dry yeast
- 1 1/3 cups (325 ml) warm water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) + 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) sugar
- 3 3/4 cups (450 g) soft wheat flour (00 type)
- 1/2 cup (50 g) ground spent grain flour
- 1/2 tablespoon (7,5 g) salt
- 1/3 cup (50 g) black Greek olives, cuted in half
- 1/3 cup (40 g) sundried tomatoes in oil, sliced
- Fresh rosemary, to taste
1. In a bowl, whisk together the yeast, water, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil and sugar. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. In the container of a stand mixer (or a large bowl if you don't have a mixer), combine the flours and salt. Add the yeast preparation and mix until you obtain a smooth dough.
4. Place the dough in a large oiled bowl. Cover with a solicone lid and chill at room temperature 3 hours.
5. Transfer the dough on a oiled a baking pan. Gently stretch out the dough with your fingers. Cover with a towel and let rise for about 45 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
7. Brush the dough with the remaining oil. Gently press the olives and the sundried tomatoes over the focaccia, then sprinkle with the rosemary and salt.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. Brush the focaccia with olive oil and let it cool for 10 minutes.