This No Waste Frittata is an easy way to cook leek greens and broccoli stalks. Tasty and quick to make, it's definitely a go-to.
Prep time 15 min
Cook time 15 min
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (90 g) leek greens, minced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1 brocoli stalk (80 g), grated
- 2 cups (50 g) spinach
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) pesto of your choice
- 1/2 cup (60 g) feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
2. Blanch the leek greens in a pot of boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
4. In a cast iron skillet , soften the onion, broccoli and leek greens in olive oil. Add the spinach and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the pesto and mix to combine.
5. Spread the vegetables evenly in the skillet and add pour in the egg mixture. Top with feta cheese and bake for about 15 minutes or until the eggs or until the eggs are cooked.
6. Cut the frittata into wedges and serve.