These banana granola provides another way to use overripe bananas. They are delicious and super easy to make.
Servings 425 g
Prep time 10 min
Cook time 40 min
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey
- 3 ½ cups (350 g) old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup (25 g) chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup (30 g) sunflower seeds
- Chocolate chips or dried fruit (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 330°F (165°C). Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combined mashed banana, vegetable oil and honey. Add the oats, almonds and sunflower seeds and stir to combine.
3. Spread evenly on prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Close the oven, toss again and let it stand inside the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
5. Add chocolate chips or dried fruits, if you desire. Store in an airtight container.