This Spent Grain Banana Bread is super moist, soft and delicious. What brings this bread to the next level is its taste or roasted hazelnuts (thanks to the spent grain!), not to mention its protein and fiber intake which makes it the perfect breakfast.
Prep time 10 min
Cook time 45 min
- 1 cup (120 g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (50 g) ground spent grain flour
- 1 tsp (5 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 g) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (55 g) brown sugar
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Oil a loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine the flours, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, beat the egg with the oil and sugar. Add the mashed bananas, milk, yogurt and vanilla extract. Stir well.
4. Add the dry ingredients and stir. Pour into the loaf pan.
5. Bake 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Let it cool before unmolding.